Aspect Ratio 1:2

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

BoreSumMen & MaDra XD

Boredom + Summer + Men & Make Up + Mama Drama
=
 BoreSumMen & MaDra lol

Ahahahahaha, Pheonix-chan, you have pushed a button that taps the most inner creative recesses of my fanatic mind! XD (in other words, I was, coincidentally, in the mood to write - lol)

Anyways, I'm back in less time than I thought I would be. But, in all honesty, THIS is what happens when boredom knocks and you answer the door... I'm not saying that I don't enjoy doing this. In fact, I actually like sitting down on my nice comfy bed trapped in a bevy of the cuddliest pillows (I have 5 with me right now), with the A/C purifying the room with its coldness and just letting go of everything and anything that has grown and established itself in my mind. It's fun :D Right now, several things have been teasing me; all of which have attained a certain importance and value whether it may seem useless and boring to you.

Summer.

It's over in less than a month. And for those who have the audacity to have gotten into those higher level classes such as me, then you know that time is running out. I'm talking about summer homework. Who the FART was the smart butt who invented this rubbish? I mean, come on, HOMEWORK for SUMMER?! More so, It would be a great help if a certain people would trust me more because lately, my mom has been getting on my case for a lot of things; one of the more exulted things would be summer homework, sleeping routines and cleaning up my room. I guess you can say that it started a little over a month ago, during our trip to Atlantic City, New Jersey. She built a small tantrum into a gigantic emotional quarell about my not handing her her caramel ice cream at McDonald's. You can bet she gave me angry tears and the cold shoulder for the next few hours -_- *sigh* After that, everything became as it was; but I think she learned to give me a little bit of respect (she started using "please"). I won't lie to you. I love my mom, but sometimes she can be very scary. (I don't think I'll ever show her my blog ^^;)

Don't worry guys, I'm dutifully doing homework even though I have to force-feed myself. Notice how I used so many vocabulary words! I don't need your pity.

On to more interesting topics, and away from more dull ones like my earlier rant. I have something to share that's been bothering me for quite a while now and this is the topic of Men & Makeup.

Is there something wrong with it? I think it's perfectly fine to see boys with make up on, no matter how warped my aesthetic vision is due to my exposure to such life-changing paraphernalia (aka Anime).  After all, it is meant to adourn a face with complimenting colors that usually enhance appearances. I think it is utterly unethical to call a man who wears something that appears most on a woman's face gay, because in the same sense, women aren't belittled when they are seen wearing pants (this sounds weird, I know, but back in the old days, pants were worn by men and women wore skirts).

HOWEVER

I do understand that because of modern values and circumstances, men who exhibit this can expect to get what is coming to them. Namely, some sort of feedback. But back onto what I've trying to tell you all this time. This topic of make up came about when I was doing a search for a preferrably male companion for Frei, my BJD by her lonesome. That's when I realized that I can not escape the fact that I would need to paint a face on the boy. Faces are easy to paint. Believe me, they are. The conundrum I faced (get it? XD) leaned toward the blushing and shading.







As you can ascertain, many faces on a male doll can come across as effeminate. The choice of hair (or wigs) doesn't help much either. Often, I read about stories of how people mistake OBVIOUSLY (like they're topless or something) male dolls for female ones just because their cheeks are a little rosy or they have eye shadow and long lashes. How can I compete for manliness in this very obscure world?! Not to mention, I have quite a strong sense of determining between genders due to my journey in the anime world. Except for Justin Bieber. I know he's a girl.

-florescka

1 comment:

  1. "Ahahahahaha, Pheonix-chan, you have pushed a button that taps the most inner creative recesses of my fanatic mind! XD (in other words, I was, coincidentally, in the mood to write - lol)"
    Hehehe. Atleast you tried to give me some credit..XD
    "I have quite a strong sense of determining between genders due to my journey in the anime world." Yeah, me too.. XD
    -PHOENIX

    ReplyDelete