Aspect Ratio 1:2

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Going Back to Childhood & Current Obssessions

A couple of days ago, I was overcome with a desire to do something that is so out of normal routine that it might seem laughable. Yes. I wanted to revisit the past.

The past is not really something I like to remember willingly; that is, just to clarify things, something so out of "normality" that it usually doesn't even cross my mind. I've done so a multiple times throughout life here in America and often it leaves me in a good mood. Rarely does it bring lackluster memories.

I'm not exactly sure when this craze consumed me; around August 12th at the most. I was simply sitting on my bed, still completely emersed in my routine, when I had a simple craving to watch a show from my childhood. Little did i know that soon, I will be so overcome by this show, and so immersed in it, you may call it an obsession, that I sometimes stress myself from regretting to do summer homework.

BLACK JACK


First aired in Fall of 2004, I remembered seeing this show during my youthful years at home. The theme song was something that almost brought tears of happiness to my eyes because of its familiarity. Being quite an old show, I'm sure that most people around my age can recall such a classic as this. But if you do not, that's fine, too. At least now you know about this diamond in the rough :D

The story revolves around a seemingly scary doctor, ahem surgeon, who's rightfully named Black Jack, and his companion, Pinoco; a short, sweet, rambunctious girl. Backstory aside, Black Jack is a mastermind surgeon, an elite in his class. His, I bate my breath here, only fault is that he charges ridiculous prices for his services. He does, however, maintain a percievable kindness and empathetic mind when the patient exhibits a strong sense of something that I can't really put my finger on right now. Many people see him as a quack doctor. Others respect him. But only one person understands him.

That is Pinoco, his I would like to say, "adoptive daughter". Pinoco is like a housekeeper to Black Jack. She cleans, cooks, and oftentimes helps Black Jack with his surgeries. She also doesn't go to school. But she delivers humor and fun to the series. Black Jack also cares for Pinoco just like any father would his child. Not to be mistaken that Pinoco is somewhat like a servant, she is also the sub-protagonist of the series. Keep in mind that she plays a fundamental part in the plot. There is a huuuuuuge backstory to her but I won't spoil anything for if you ever do decide to watch this classic.

Also, to get away from this whole review-esque atmosphere, there was something I was quite pleased with while I watched. That is: Black Jack has an uncanny resemblance to Allen Walker XD

Don't believe me?
See for yourself.

    

OH SHNAAAAAP :O

haha jk it was mostly their clothes >w<

So riding the obsession train, I've got something to confess.
(Are you scared? Well you should be.)

Lately I've been trying out different stuff. One of my more familiar ones would be Minecraft. Another would be taking photos of Frei. And sometimes, playing random games to see which would suit my fancy.

adsflakjeharflsdfhlasdjhflakjdhfalkjdalkjh;shjfhslkvjbasnmflskrhaojksdhawuowqid

Sorry....
I've lost interest in this topic which doesn't happen AT ALL.
*sigh*

In my defense, Lady Gaga music videos distracted me... THEY ARE SUCH A WORK OF ART T^T they're so beautiful T^T (that, ofcourse, is different from arist to artist).

P.S. please don't make fun of my favorite singer.

-florescka





1 comment:

  1. It seems like almost everything reminds you of Allen.Anyway, I like to re-watch stuff I watched when I was younger sometimes. It's fun, and it brings back memories. ^__^
    I'm not a huge fan of Lady Gaga. She's a bit strange, but honestly, that's something I can appreciate. :) I like strange, unusual things..(most of the time) XD
    -Phoenix

    ReplyDelete