Aspect Ratio 1:2

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Want You Gone - Poetry inspired from Portal by BJV

This poem won't make sense unless you play Portal, a computer game.

Basically it is about this research facility called Aperture that conducts tests on humans (aka the person you are playing as). Aperture runs experiments on people concerning a gun that produces portals, hence the name of the game. A robot known as GlaDos oversee these experiments (she is the one who is singing) and teach you about the special gun, but in the end of the experiments, she tries to kill you by making you fall into a pit of fire; meanwhile offering you cake in your "accomplishment" party. But you escape and she slowly gets angry. At the end of Portal, you disable GlaDos. The song "Want You Gone" from Portal 2 reflects some of the mishaps from the first game. Basically, GlaDos got resurrected and you try to kill her again. Shes not too pleased with that idea.

/end backstory XD

--------------------------------------------------------



Want You Gone
by BJ

I can’t help but notice
That only you could fill my heart with happiness
And only you can steal it away from me.

Staring into darkness,
All my thoughts were made for you,
Did you know that?

I thought we had each other?
I thought only you deserved to live.
So much for trust.
It wasn’t even worth a slice of cake.

Remember when you saw her?
Her glamour stole the light from your eyes.
How you emptied your mind of me?
Are you going to leave me like everyone else?

Do you remember how we laughed?
How we comforted our tormented souls?
But apparently it wasn’t enough
To make me dead.

I was such a fool
To think that you were worth it
When you tried to kill me twice?
Am I that evil?

I’m Sorry.
I’ll leave you now.
I really wanted to share this cake with you.
Well it’s too late now.
Now I only want you gone.

--------------------------------------------------------

-florescka

1 comment:

  1. O__O My cousins are OBSSESSED with portal..but then again, they obssess over strange things..XD
    Anyway. Nice poem. :D Although it is a little creepy..XD but, then so is the song, and the game..

    -Phoenix

    ReplyDelete